4. Advanced Navigation Testing Framework¶
The ROS 2 Navigation Stack has had a focus on testing and reliability as a characteristic change from ROS 1 to ROS 2. We currently have a test coverage rate of 65% and do full system simulations in Continuous Integration (CI) to test the entire navigation system with a real robot completing real navigation tasks. Your task will be to increase the testing coverage rate to 70% (or +5% from your starting) and improve on the existing system tests to represent a more realistic environment. You will then work to make sure of that environment to actively block the robot from completing its task to simulate worst-case conditions.
Project difficulty: Medium
Project community mentor: Steve Macenski @SteveMacenski
Mentor contact details: [See link above, link in GitHub profile description]
Project output requirements
- Test line coverage of 70% or higher on the repository as reported by codecov (currently 65%)
- An improved simulation environment for a more realistic mobile robotics application
- Updated system tests to take advantage of that environment to fault or un-ideal cases of the stack
- C++, Python3, gtest
- Gazebo, recommended experience with Gazebo plugins
- Recommended: Navigation experience
List of relevant open source software repositories and refs
Licensing - All contributions will be under the Apache 2.0 license. - No other CLA’s are required.