Projects for 2020 Summer Student Program¶
The Summer 2020 Student Program us upon us! See below for the list of project proposals for students to review and apply for.
If you have any questions, wish to ask questions, or generally reach out, you are encouraged to do so! We have a community Slack at navigation2.slack.com. If you are unable to access it due to not being able to sign up, please send an email to the mentor in the details below and they can manually add you.
Additionally, we have ROS community Discourse. If you post on this discourse page regarding Nav2, a maintainer will respond. We have the sub-topic Navigation Stack that may be used here. It is preferred you post in this sub-topic.
For general ROS questions, please use ROS Answers.
Have fun and we look forward to working with you this summer!
- 1. Create a Configuration Assistant (Analog to MoveIt)
- 2. Create New Planner and Controller Plugins
- 3. Port Grid Maps to ROS 2 and Environmental Model
- 4. Advanced Navigation Testing Framework
- 5. Navigation Branding and Website
- 6. 2D/3D Localization Improvements
- 7. Navigation Dynamic Obstacle Integration